Alcazar Show: Pattaya’s World-Famous Cabaret Show
Dazzling, elegant, gripping, and spectacular, the internationally recognised Alcazar Show is in a class of its own.
Considered Thailand’s best cabaret, the show’s 17 performances will transport you to the enchanting world of music and dance. The cabaret show is 70 minutes of pure entertainment.
Alcazar Cabaret Show Details:
- Timings: 17:00, 18:30, 20:00 & 21:30
- Location: 78/14 Pattaya Second Road, Pattaya City, 20150
- Phone: +66 (0)81 781 1703, +66 (0)3 842 2220
Alcazar Cabaret Pattaya
As the curtain rises, ‘The Wondrous World’ begins. Dazzling costumes, flashing lights and vibrant backdrops catch your eyes as you settle in.
It only takes a few minutes to realise why Alcazar Cabaret is special. The sets are detailed and elaborate; the dancers skilled and stunning; the sound and lighting is exceptional. All aspects come together to transport viewers into a magical world. The show is live art.
The effort and care that has been put into making this cabaret a success is praise worthy. Every act is incredibly detailed and brilliantly managed.
Alcazar Cabaret Show 2019 Performances
17 dances are performed in this famous Pattaya cabaret show. These feature styles and influences from Thailand and all over the world.
Some of the most recognisable productions include ‘Flowers of China’, ‘Persian Dance’, ‘Fabulous Russia’, ‘Sound of India’, ‘Hello Vietnam’, a French and Korean dance, ‘One Man Woman’, and ‘The World is Not Enough’.
‘Four legendary regions of the Siam Kingdom’ is an elegant act about Thai culture. Our favourite was the dance from the movie ‘The World is Not Enough’.
All dances are charged with energy and excitement. Each performance is breathtaking.
Although the show is attended by an international audience, when we watched in Jan 2019, people from India, China and Thailand were in majority. The Indian Bollywood style dance and the Chinese dance were most applauded.
Video of Alcazar Cabaret: Jan 2019
(Please note: This video doesn’t capture the true ambience of the show. You must watch it live to experience it).
You will get a chance to get photographed with the dancers after the show. (A 50 Baht tip is acceptable).
It’s difficult to believe that these incredibly beautiful women were men before! (They are called ‘kathoeys’ or ‘ladyboys’ in Thailand).
Best Cabaret in Pattaya: Tiffany Cabaret or Alcazar Cabaret?
The Tiffany Show and the Alcazar Show are the two most popular transvestite cabarets in Pattaya. Deciding between them can be difficult.
We chose to watch the Alcazar Cabaret. Here’s why:
- Experts from the Tourism Authority of Thailand recommended Alcazar Cabaret. Alcazar also has slightly better reviews.
- Alcazar Show Cost: Normal tickets 500 Baht (USD 16), VIP Tickets 800 Baht (25 USD)
- Tiffany Show Cost: Normal tickets 550 Baht (USD 17.5), VIP Tickets 950 Baht (29 USD). (This is the approximate cost. Prices vary, but Alcazar Cabaret Show is 10-20% cheaper).
- Overall the shows are similar. Even show durations are nearly the same (Alcazar 70 min / Tiffany 75 min). A free cold drink is given in both.
While Alcazar Show is known for great performances, better themes, sounds and effects, Tiffany Show is famous for beautiful ladyboys.
From being a small show with 350 seats to the current 1200 seat theatre, Pattaya’s Alcazar Cabaret Show has come a long way. Millions of Thai Bahts are spent each year to keep the theatre’s technology up to date. Alcazar’s 400 member team takes great pride in maintaining top quality.
Alcazar Show Age Limit
There is no age limit for the Alcazar Cabaret Show. A few children were present in the audience when we watched the show in 2019.
There is enough action to keep people of all ages entertained. However, children under 12 might be too young to appreciate it.
Tips for Viewing a Cabaret Show in Thailand:
- Consider booking VIP tickets. Although costlier, good seats will make a huge difference to your viewing experience.
- Only buy tickets for Thailand’s cabaret shows from a reputed website or from the venue.