Alcazar Show: Thailand’s World-Famous Cabaret Show
Dazzling, elegant, gripping, and spectacular, the internationally recognised Alcazar Show is in a class of its own. Considered Thailand’s best cabaret, the show’s 17 performances will transport you to the enchanting world of music and dance. The cabaret is 70 minutes of pure entertainment.
Alcazar Cabaret Show Details:
- Timings: 17:00, 18:30, 20:00 & 21:30
- Location: 78/14 Pattaya Second Road, Pattaya City, 20150, Thailand
- Phone: +66 (0)81 781 1703, +66 (0)3 842 2220
(If you are unsure about what a cabaret is, here’s a beginners guide to a cabaret).
Alcazar Show Tickets
TakeMeTour did an excellent job at managing our trip from Bangkok for the show. They are professional and reliable. You can book Alcazar tickets from them or use them for a day tour from Bangkok to Pattaya.
The Alcazar Show Pattaya
As the curtain rises, ‘The Wonderous World’ begins. Dazzling costumes, flashing lights and vibrant backdrops catch your eyes as you settle in.
It only takes a few minutes to realise why Alcazar Cabaret is special. The sets are detailed and elaborate; the dancers skilled and stunning; the sound and lighting is exceptional. All aspects come together to transport viewers into a magical world. The show is live art.
The effort and care that has been put into making this distinguished cabaret show is incredible. Everything is brilliantly managed.
Alcazar Cabaret Show 2019 Performances
17 individual themed dances are performed in the Alcazar Show. These feature styles and influences from Thailand and all over the world, including ‘Flowers of China’, ‘Persian Dance’, ‘Fabulous Russia’, ‘Sound of Indian’, ‘Hello Vietnam’, a French and Korean dance, ‘One Man Woman’, and ‘The World is Not Enough’.
‘Four legendary regions of the Siam Kingdom’ is an elegant performance about Thai culture and beliefs. Our favourite was the dance from the movie ‘The World is Not Enough’.
The dances are charged with energy and excitement, and the audience is encouraged to cheer the artists. Each performance is breathtaking.
This video of the Alcazar Cabaret was taken in January 2019.
(Please note: This video doesn’t capture the real ambience and feel of the show. You have to see it to believe it).
After the show, you will get a chance to be photographed with the dancers. (A 50 Baht tip is acceptable).
It’s difficult to believe that these incredibly beautiful women were men before! (They are called ‘kathoeys’ or ‘ladyboys’ in Thailand).
Tiffany Cabaret Show or Alcazar Cabaret Show?
The Tiffany Show and the Alcazar Show are the two most famous transvestite cabarets in Pattaya. Deciding between them can be difficult.
We chose to watch the Alcazar Show. Here’s why:
- Friends from the Tourism Authority of Thailand recommended Alcazar Cabaret. Alcazar also has slightly better reviews.
- Alcazar Show Cost: Normal tickets 500 Baht (USD 16), VIP Tickets 800 Baht (25 USD)
- Tiffany Show Cost: Normal tickets 550 Baht (USD 17.5), VIP Tickets 950 Baht (29 USD). (This is the approximate cost. Prices vary, but Alcazar Show is 10-20% cheaper).
- Overall the shows are similar. Even show durations are nearly the same (Alcazar 70 min / Tiffany 75 min). You’ll get a free cold drink in both.
While Alcazar Cabaret Show is known for great performances, better themes, sounds and effects, Tiffany Show is famous for beautiful ladyboys.
From being a small show with 350 seats to the current 1200 seat theatre, the Alcazar Show has come a long way. Millions of Thai Bahts are spent each year to keep the theatre’s technology up to date. The 400 member team and management take great pride in maintaining top quality.
Incredibly talented performers, advanced technology, spectacular sets, state-of-the-art lighting and sound, elaborate costumes, and a dedicated team contribute to the success of this cabaret.
Alcazar Show Age Limit
There is no age limit for the Alcazar Cabaret Show. A few children were present in the audience, when we watched the cabaret in 2019. There is enough action to keep people of all ages entertained. However, children under 10 might be a little too young to appreciate it.
- If you decide to watch the Alcazar Show, consider booking VIP tickets. Good seats will make a big difference to your viewing experience.
- Only buy tickets for Thailand’s cabaret shows from reputed websites or from the venue.
Other Famous Pattaya Attractions.